|Photo by Mika Baumeister on Unsplash|
We are constantly using smartphones throughout the day. Resulting in huge data consumption. Use these super tips to save 50% data every day.
How to save data on a phone?
Tip 1. Disable Auto Updates.
Turning off auto-updates will have significant results.
How to disable auto updates?
- Go to the Google Play store.
- Click on the top right of your profile pic.
- Click on settings – network preferences – auto-update apps.
- Enable ‘Don’t auto-update apps.
You can manually update your apps whenever you get free wifi access or if you have a daily quota left from your data package.
Tip 2. Turn on data saver mode/low data mode
Android Phones have a data saver mode feature and iPhones have a low data mode feature. Enabling these will minimize the apps and system data consumption. This feature alone on both platforms reduces data consumption to 50%.
- Go to system settings
- Go to sim card and mobile data
- Click on the data usage
- Click on data saving to enable it.
- Go to the settings
- tap cellular
- tap cellular data options
- enable low data mode.
Tip 3. Save data while watching videos.
How to save data by watching youtube videos?
– tap on limit mobile data usage.
this will stop the video from playing in HD format and will make a whopping difference in data usage.
3. Disable autoplay
4. When you are on a free network save videos offline
5. Use Youtube Go
How to enable a data saver on Facebook?
- On the Facebook app’s top right corner click on the hamburger tab.
- next page click on the gear tab ‘settings’.
- on the preferences page click on ‘media’.
- on the media page, enable ‘data saver.
Below is Autoplay, check the box of ‘never autoplay videos.
Some people claim to have saved as much as 80% of their data with these tips.